I have the most fun when I’m finding patterns, telling stories, getting things organized, and creating repeatable and predictable processes. I believe in technology as a means to connect and empower people, rather than as an end unto itself.
I can organize anything.
Christopher D. Wyble, PMP® is a creative strategist and program manager supporting the Global Industry Marketing organization at IBM. He has varied experience as a project and program manager, media and content creator, and as an application developer. Chris has also worked in the fields of application maintenance, content development, standards compliance and testing. His extensive experience in the use and creation of social and new media content makes him an asset to any organization looking to improve upon engagement and collaboration. Chris also serves as an ambassador for LGBT diversity at IBM and beyond. He prides himself on his commitment to his clients, teamwork, and quality.
December 2015–present, IBM, Armonk, NY, USA
Global Industry Sales and Marketing
- Designed an organizational change plan to drive increased engagement with social and mobile tools for the global IBM sales force.
- Created compelling and engaging content to drive sellers’ use of mobile tools.
- Delivered seller-requested content and tools to increase direct selling time.
February 2014–December 2015, IBM Global Technology Services, Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
Mobility Services & Innovation Program Manager
- Designed and developed future generations of mobility offerings to be delivered by worldwide teams.
- Streamlined and consolidated services offering portfolios in order to accelerate delivery of high-value services to clients.
- Directed content development to support marketing of services to clients.
- Provided operational and program management support for a small team of mobility experts transferring cutting edge research into IBM Global Technology Services offerings and providing demos and immersive experiences for current and future IBM clients.
May 2011–January 2014, IBM Software Group, Ecosystem Development, Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
Ecosystem Skills Development
- Created and managed skills development offerings targeted at university faculty and students at IBM partner universities worldwide.
- Co-leader and author of the annual IBM Tech Trends study on emerging technology.
- Provided project and program management support for the IBM Academic Initiative.
March 2007–present, Mike Arteaga’s Health & Fitness Center, Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
Group Fitness Instructor
- Lead two weekly MOSSA Group Centergy classes, combining yoga, pilates and other forms of mind/body exercise.
June 2006–May 2011, IBM, Somers, NY, USA
Technology Adoption Program Manager
- Managed a program bringing together innovators with a community of early adopters, to accelerate emerging technology adoption.
- Grew the community from 38,000 volunteers to over 150,000 and brought over 275 innovations through the program.
- Delivered a management system including regular written, audio, and video content to drive adoption among program participants.
- Documented a repeatable process for managing technology adoption and demonstrating the value of innovation.
- Participated in the successful transfer of over 50 innovations into IBM products or internal solutions, resulting in a savings of more than 24 person-months of development and testing.
May 2003–June 2006, IBM Global Business Services, Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
Solution Project Manager
- Managed a portfolio of $1.4 million annually for custom application development projects.
- Coordinated the efforts of up to ten full-time equivalent technical resources, including geographically and culturally diverse team members.
- Led compliance with Software Engineering Institute Capability Maturity Model (SEI-CMM) Level 5 by developing organization-wide project management methods.
- Oversaw successful policy compliance reviews for strategic financial reporting application.
July 2000–May 2003, IBM Global Business Services, Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
Information Technology Specialist
- Developed and maintained custom Lotus Notes applications based on client requirements.
- Contributed to the development and maintenance of hybrid Lotus Notes and web-enabled applications
- Trained clients to enable them to efficiently use their custom applications.
- Served as a technical leader to coordinate development efforts of other project team members.
Education and certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP®), Project Management Institute (PMI), 2006–present.
- IBM Certified Expert Project Manager, 2010–present.
- M.S. Management from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, 2004. Concentration in Management Information Systems.
- B.S. Computer Science, cum laude, from Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, 2000. Minor in Professional Spanish.
- Professional development courses in Project Management Fundamentals, Financial Management for Project Managers, Contracting for Project Managers, Leadership in a Project Team Environment, Using the Worldwide Project Management Method, and Agile Project Management.
- Leadership development courses including LEADing@IBM Leader Readiness lab (2008) and Leader Foundation self-directed learning (2007).
Awards and recognition
- April 2015: Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce Forty Under 40: Shakers award, given annually to 40 people under the age of 40 who have shown a strong commitment to the Hudson Valley, to identify and honor the next generation of local leaders.
- December 2011: IBM Eminence & Excellence award from Vice President for my contributions to the 2011 IBM Tech Trends Report.
- December 2010: IBM Bravo! award from another organization for my assistance in producing a 12-minute video highlighting the value of diversity to IBM.
- August 2008: IBM Bravo! award from Vice President for my contributions to the growth of the Technology Adoption Program.
- March 2007: IBM Bravo! award from Vice President for work providing a scalable and repeatable framework to manage technology adoption.
- December 2003: IBM informal award from organization Director and Vice President for success in a project compliance review.
- November 2002–May 2009: 24 IBM Thanks! awards from peers and colleagues recognizing my assistance or contributions to various projects and efforts.
- July 2002: IBM informal award for successfully conforming to project scheduling constraints while delivering high quality work.
- February 2002: IBM/Lotus Technical Forum attendee.
- March 2001: IBM informal award for willingness to take on additional billable work, including a mentoring role outside scope of job responsibilities.
- December 2000: IBM informal award for the successful, on-time and on-budget delivery of a Lotus Notes client/web application.
Patents and publications
- C. Wyble, P. Mostachetti, and M. Young. “A System for Enhanced Service Request Routing, Response, and Management.” ip.com, August 26, 2015.
- C. Wyble, P. Mostachetti, and M. Young. “Method and System for Predicting and Assigning Emergency Personnel based on Input Sources.” ip.com, October 20, 2014.
- J. Lo, C. Wyble, S. Hupfer. Fast track to the future: The 2012 IBM Tech Trends Report. IBM Center for Applied Insights, 2012.
- J. Lo, C. Wyble. The 2011 IBM Tech Trends Report: Tech Trends for Today. Skills for Tomorrow. IBM developerWorks, 2011.
- A. Chow, B. Goodman, J. Rooney, and C. Wyble. “Engaging a corporate community to manage technology and embrace innovation.” IBM Systems Journal, Volume 46, Number 4, 2007.
- A. Chow, R. Rogers, C. Wyble, and C. Almond. Supporting Innovators and Early Adopters: A Technology Adoption Program Cookbook. IBM Redpapers, December 2007.
- B. D. Goodman, A. Hutchins, J. W. Rooney, and C. Wyble. US Patent application 20090094328, “System and Methods for Technology Evaluation and Adoption,” filed October 3, 2007.
April 2013–present, Benesecure Ltd., Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
- Co-founder and managing director of a not-for-profit organization that will provide representative payee services for Social Security, SSI and VA benefits.
July 2012–present, Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
- Member of the Policy and Governance Committee, providing advice and counsel to the Board of Directors (2012–).
- Member of the Volunteer Information Security, Technology & Access Task Force (2013–2014).
December 2011–present, GLSEN Hudson Valley, Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
- Member of Chapter Board of Directors (2013–).
- Professional Development Coordinator (2013–).
- Facilitate diversity, inclusion and anti-bullying workshops for middle school and high school students aged 11-18. Trained nearly 1,000 students to date.
- Facilitate faculty professional development covering diversity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and the Dignity for All Students Act. Trained over 1,000 educators to date.
- Proficiency in Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Chapter co-chair of the Out@IBM diversity network group for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and straight allies.